First Time Visitors
To civic leaders
What do I do now? This is probably one of the first questions you will hear from those in your community who receive life-limiting diagnoses from their doctors. They need guidance to make appropriate choices for end-of-life care. They also seek access to community resources.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you these questions.
- What resources are available from your organization?
- Which community organizations offer services for which there is no charge?
- Which county, state, or national organizations should we contact?
- What's the best way to contact these organizations, and who's the best person to help us?
- What is your experience with hospice care?
- Which local hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders