First Time Visitors
What do I do now? You may hear this from a patient, neighbor, or friend who has just received a life-limiting diagnosis. They may seek your advice to help make appropriate choices about end-of-life care.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you these questions.
- Have you come in contact with others facing this illness?
- What can we expect as the disease progresses?
- Will there be pain?
- Will there be lack of control for basic bodily functions?
- What can be expected as life comes to a close?
- Where's the best place to get help for my family?
- How difficult is caring for a loved one at home?
- What do you know about hospice care?
- Which local hospice providers do your recommend, and why?
- Does accepting hospice care mean we are giving up?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders