First Time Visitors
What do I do now? This is probably one of the first questions you hear from customers receiving life-limiting diagnoses from their doctors. As they fill prescriptions at your pharmacy, they seek guidance to make appropriate choices for end-of-life care.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you these questions.
- What kinds of questions should I ask my doctor about this prescription?
- What are the side effects to this drug?
- What alternatives exist if I encounter problems taking this medication?
- What experience do you have with hospice care?
- Which local hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders