First Time Visitors
What do I do now? This is probably one of the first questions you will hear from clients receiving life-limiting diagnoses from their doctors. They seek financial guidance to make appropriate choices for end-of-life care. They need your help to put their affairs in order.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you these questions.
- What financial planning will make matters easier?
- How can you help limit the taxes my heirs will have to pay?
- How can you help my family with next year's taxes?
- Does the will accurately reflect how the estate will be distributed?
- How can you help the family access bank account funds?
- Will my surviving spouse receive the same Social Security benefits?
- How can we protect the family from unusual medical expenses?
- How can you help the family collect on any life insurance?
- Which local hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Will the cost of hospice drain my assets?
- How can you help designate money to my favorite charity or hospice?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders