First Time Visitors
To the clergy
What do I do now? Often, you hear this from members of your congregation after they receive a life-limiting diagnosis from their doctor. They seek your spiritual guidance to help make appropriate choices for end-of-life care.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you the following questions.
- Why did God choose to put this disease in our path?
- What happens during the dying process and at the time of death?
- What happens after death?
- What's the best way to accept what's happening without "giving up" or "giving in" to the disease?
- When is it appropriate to consider hospice care?
- Does choosing to have hospice care violate any moral or ethical issues?
- Which local hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders