First Time Visitors
What do I do now? Often, this is a question you get from clients or patients. They have just received a life-limiting diagnosis and seek your advice to help make appropriate choices for end-of-life care.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care in your community, we will be encouraging them to ask you the following questions.
- Have you worked with others who had this disease?
- How does the prognosis of this disease affect treatments?
- Will your therapy slow the disease process?
- How frequently should we schedule treatments?
- What side effects may occur during treatment, when will they begin, and how will you help me deal with them?
- What's your experience with hospice care?
- Why would we choose hospice?
- Which local hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders