First Time Visitors
To insurance agents and case managers
What do I do now? Often, this is one of the first questions you get from policyholders who receive life-limiting diagnoses from their doctors. Together with family, they will seek information to help them make appropriate choices for end-of-life care.
As part of our ongoing educational program to expand understanding of hospice care, we will be encouraging them to ask you these questions.
- What specific hospice services does our policy cover, or exclude?
- Will we be able to pursue active treatment for this disease?
- What are the coverage limits?
- Will the policy cover the cost of a caregiver in my home, or room and board in an in-patient facility?
- Is there a co-pay or deductible? How much?
- Is there a cap for hospice care, and what happens when it's exceeded?
- Who files the claims?
- How do you handle supplemental insurance coverage?
- Will the cost of hospice care raise the rates on the policy?
- How do you evaluate local hospice providers?
- Which hospice providers do you recommend, and why?
- Can I cash out a portion of my death benefit?
- Patients and their families
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and care facility administrators
- Insurance agents and case managers
- The clergy
- Civic leaders